This Homemade Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is made with a base of chickpeas, olive oil, and roasted red peppers. Combine your ingredients, blend and serve!
Make a batch of this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus to snack on throughout the week or serve it with crisp veggies and pita at a party. Homemade hummus can be quick and easy to make.
What To Serve With Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
This red pepper hummus goes beautifully with so many main dishes and snacks. The red pepper adds both a sweetness and a little spice to the creamy hummus. This dip is easy to prepare ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Serve with warm pita bread.
- Serve with fresh veggies like carrots, cucumbers, and radishes.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
- Spread the red pepper hummus on a sandwich or wrap.
- Serve it as a dip with our Lemony Chicken Kebabs Over Cauliflower Tabouleh.
- Try topping our Sheet Pan Chicken Shawarma with this roasted red pepper hummus.
- Add a dollop of this red pepper hummus into your Mediterranean Bento Box to enjoy with pita or fresh veggies.
Is Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Healthy?
This roasted red pepper hummus is a nutritious dip. Because it is made with a base of chickpeas, healthy oils, vegetables, and spices, this red pepper hummus provides many important nutrients.
Chickpeas are high in plant-based protein and fiber, helping to keep you full. The spices and garlic in this hummus are particularly beneficial for your immune system because they are high in antioxidants. The olive oil and tahini are healthy unsaturated sources of fat in the hummus, making this a satisfying, heart-healthy dip.
What You Need To Make Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Olive Oil
How To Make Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Begin by pulsing the garlic in your food processor. Then add in the rest of the ingredients to the blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. It helps to pause the blender and scrape down the sides a few times. Adjust the seasonings to your liking. That’s it! Scoop the hummus into a serving bowl and serve with fresh veggies and pita.
Homemade Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Food processor
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-15 ounce can garbanzo beans
- ½ cup roasted red peppers about 2 whole peppers
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 -4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- In a food processor add the garlic clove and pulse several times.
- Add the garbanzo beans, and the remaining ingredients and process until combined, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Taste and adjust seasonings adding more lemon juice, cumin or salt. Add more olive oil if you like depending on your preferred consistency.
- Serve with vegetables, pita or crackers. Wonderful as a spread or alongside grilled seafood or chicken.
Looking For More Tasty Dips & Sauces?
Try one of these quick and easy dips to blend and serve.