Bento boxes are great tools for helping to control portion sizes. The vegetable portion of the meal should always go in the largest portion of the bento container. We always strive to make half of our meal vegetables or fruit and working with a bento box makes this so easy to see and do. Bento boxes are also great for packed lunches for school or work.
This bento is an easy and balanced lunch you can prepare ahead of time. It is filled with fiber, healthy fats, protein and vitamins and minerals to fuel your day!
Section 1: Chickpea Salad
- ¼ cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup cucumber diced
- ¼ cup tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 4 kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 cup grapes
- ½ whole wheat pita
- single-serve hummus pot
- Toss chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, olives, parsley, oil, and vinegar together, season with salt and pepper.
- Place in largest portion of bento container.
- Add turkey or chicken.
- Pack grapes, pita, and hummus.