The lean protein from the chicken will ensure you will stay full for hours Cauliflower is a great source of fiber, b-vitamins, and antioxidants.Print
Lemony Chicken Kebabs Over Cauliflower Tabouleh
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 24 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1.5 inch cubes
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 large english cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Combine lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl – whisk in oil. Add chicken cubes and combine.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours, covered.
- Cut cauliflower into florets, removing as much of the stem as possible and pulse in a food processor until grated.
- In a large bowl toss together the grated cauliflower, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, parsley, and mint leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, zest, cumin, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the cauliflower mixture and toss well to combine.
- Cover tightly and place in refrigerator for at least once hour before serving.
- Remove chicken from bowl and discard marinade. Thread chicken onto 4, 10 inch skewers. Heat grill pan over high heat; add skewers and cook for 6 minutes or until done turning often. Serve over tabbouleh.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste