This spinach artichoke dip is a great appetizer for entertaining guests, or when you want a dish to take to a party. It’s a healthy spin on the usual spinach artichoke dip, with the added white beans for protein and fiber. This version also uses lower-fat dairy and olive oil mayonnaise to reduce the saturated fat.
Baked Spinach, Artichoke, and White Bean Dip
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 15oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14oz can baby artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters
- 1 10oz package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained and squeezed dry
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Spoon mixture into a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly, switch oven to broil and broil for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned. Serve and enjoy with your favorite whole wheat crackers and crudite!