Elevate any appetizer, salad, or sandwich with this Feta Fire Dip! Toss all the ingredients together in the food processor and enjoy this spicy whipped feta dip.
Whipped feta is a popular dish throughout Greece. This greek feta dip is quick and easy to make. We love how it adds so much unique flavor when paired with fresh veggies, roasted veggies, sandwiches and grilled meats. The spice comes from serrano chiles and a little sriracha while the feta adds the salty, creamy flavor.
What Is Feta Dip Made Of?
Whipped feta is a smooth dip made of feta, olive oil, and other seasonings to create a creamy dip. It’s made in a food processor by pulsing the feta and other ingredients together until it forms a smooth consistency. This whipped feta recipe is flavored with peppers, spices, and hot sauce for a little heat.
Is Feta Cheese Healthy?
On the Mediterranean Diet we think of cheese more like a garnish than the main component of a meal. We generally pair this feta dip with fresh or roasted veggies for more fiber and to help you feel full. The red pepper feta dip brings extra flavor to any meal.
Feta is high in protein and calcium which are so important for bone, muscle, and immune health. We also love the healthy fats from the olive oil and the boost of antioxidants from the peppers and herbs. Feta, like all cheeses, contains saturated fats so we want to enjoy it in moderation. We recommend being mindful of serving sizes when adding cheese to any meal.
What To Serve With Feta Roasted Red Pepper Dip
This whipped feta dip is so versatile and would be tasty with so many dishes. Here’s a few of our recommendations:
- Pair with crudité such as carrots, celery, and pita bread.
- Use as a topping on a hearty grain bowl.
- Spread in a sandwich for extra flavor.
- Serve with our Greek Meatballs with Mediterranean Quinoa or other grilled meat dishes.
How Long Will Whipped Feta Last In The Fridge?
This whipped feta dip will last for 5 days in a sealed container in the refrigerator. This makes it a great meal prep recipe. You can prepare it at the beginning of the week and add it to sandwiches, bowls, and snacks over the next few days.
What You Need To Make This Spicy Whipped Feta Dip
- Roasted red peppers
- Serrano Chile
- Greek Feta
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Greek Yogurt
- Black pepper
How To Make This Spicy Feta Dip Recipe
Begin by pulsing the roasted red peppers in a food processor. Add in the feta chucks and pulse again until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add in the additional seasoning and pulse again. Taste to adjust your seasoning and level of spice.
Pour into a bowl to serve with crudité, spread into a sandwich or top on your favorite grain bowl.
Feta Fire Dip
- 2 Roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 Serrano Chile seeded and chopped
- 1 pound Greek Feta crumbled or broken up into small pieces
- Juice of ½ – 1 lemon
- Few drops of Sriracha
- 1 tsp Oregano
- ½ c- 2/3c of extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Greek Yogurt
- Black pepper to taste
- Crudite or Pita Chips for serving
- Place peppers in the bowl of food processor and pulse into pulverized
- Add the feta and pulse until the mixture is creamy. Add half the lemon juice, a few drops of hot sauce, oregano, ½ cup of olive oil, 2 T of yogurt and black pepper to taste. Pulse to combine.
- The dip will be creamy. Add remaining olive oil and lemon juice, and yogurt as needed to adjust the flavor and consistency to your preference.
- Serve with crudite or pita chips.
- Works well as sandwich spread, and as an accompaniment to grilled vegetables, meat or shrimp.
Looking For More Healthy Dips And Sauces?
Making a homemade dip is such a great way to elevate the flavor in a meal – try one of our favorites!