Avocado is a great source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats as well as potassium and fiber. Replacing saturated fat with monounsaturated (avocados, nuts, olive oil, canola oil) and polyunsaturated fats (fish, sunflower seeds, chia seeds & walnuts) in your diet is a great way to improve heart health and reduce the risk for heart disease. Choose plant-based oils that are liquid at room temperature as opposed to animal sources of fat.
Avocado adds a satisfying creaminess to the dressing! You’ll love this crema as a topping on tacos.
Creamy Avocado Lime Sauce
Avocado is a great source of healthy fats and adds a satisfying creaminess to this dressing.
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, stoned, and diced
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 –1/2 tesaspoon of cumin to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until completely smooth – this can take a couple minutes.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
Keywords: Sauce, Dressing, Avocado, Vegetarian, Quick & Easy