Avocado is a great source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats as well as potassium and fiber. Replacing saturated fat with monounsaturated (avocados, nuts, olive oil, canola oil) and polyunsaturated fats (fish, sunflower seeds, chia seeds & walnuts) in your diet is a great way to improve heart health and reduce the risk for heart disease. Choose plant-based oils that are liquid at room temperature as opposed to animal sources of fat.
Avocado adds a satisfying creaminess to the dressing! You’ll love this crema as a topping on tacos.
Creamy Avocado Lime Sauce
- 2 ripe avocados peeled, stoned, and diced
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- 1/4 -1/2 tesaspoon of cumin to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until completely smooth - this can take a couple minutes.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.