Our Kefir Overnight Oats are the perfect way to start your morning! Prepped the night before and ready to go for a nutritious, filling breakfast.
Topped with berries and coconut, this is a great sweet, low-sugar breakfast option. We have taken our favorite overnight oats recipe and used kefir for a gut-friendly boost!
Kefir Is A Healthy Probiotic
Kefir is a fermented milk drink with a tangy flavor similar to greek yogurt. It is cultured 5-8 times longer than yogurt which boosts the healthy probiotics in it. Kefir is also high in protein, with about 10 grams per cup. Last but not least, it’s a good source of vitamins and minerals like B12, magnesium and vitamin D. Whip up a batch of our Kefir Overnight Oats for your next quick breakfast!
Kefir Overnight Oats with Berries, Coconut and Chia Seeds
- mason jar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain low-fat plain kefir
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Topping: Strawberries and blueberries or your favorite fruit
- Place the rolled oats, kefir, chia seeds, maple syrup, coconut and cinnamon in a mason jar and stir to combine. Cover with lid and seal. Place in the refrigerator overnight (or for at least 2 hours).
- In the morning, divide between bowls and top with berries. Enjoy!