Chia seeds are packed with fiber, protein and antioxidants. Almonds are full of healthy fats to keep you full until lunch.
Chia Seed Parfait
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup plain low-fat 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup plus 4 tsp for serving
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 pint strawberries chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- In a medium bowl, gently whisk the almond milk, yogurt, 2 tbsp maple syrup, vanilla, and 1/8 tsp salt until just blended.
- Whisk in the chia seeds. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Stir to distribute the seeds if they have settled. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, in a medium bowl, toss the berries with the remaining 4 tsp maple syrup. Mix in the almonds.
- Spoon pudding into bowls and top with berry mixture
This recipe creates 4 servings and can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days. Variations
- Serve with any fruit or nut that you have on hand.
- Could also add a few dashes of cinnamon for a different flavor.
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!