Breakfast is ready in a flash thanks to these Blueberry Peanut Butter Overnight Oats with Almond Milk.
No cooking necessary when you mix up these overnight oats to soften for a few hours in the refrigerator. If you haven’t tried overnight oats yet, you are missing out! These Blueberry Peanut Butter Overnight Oats are great for busy mornings when you have to get out of the house quickly but don’t want to skip a healthy breakfast.
What Are Overnight Oats?
Overnight oats are made with rolled oats that soak in a liquid for at least two hours or overnight to soften. Instead of cooking the oats in a pot, this overnight method only takes a few minutes to mix up. Overnight oats can be flavored with any of your favorite fruit, yogurt, or sweeteners.
These peanut butter overnight oats are made with a base of rolled oats and almond milk, then flavored with fresh fruit, peanut butter and a pinch of cinnamon. They are naturally sweetened with fruit and so creamy. If you’re looking for another flavor combination, try our Kefir Overnight Oats with Berries, Coconut and Chia Seeds.
Are Overnight Oats Healthy?
Overnight oats are a nutrient dense meal thanks to the whole grain oats, high-fiber chia seeds, and fresh fruit. Oats are a great source of soluble fiber, a type of fiber that helps lower cholesterol and slows down digestion, helping you to stay full longer.
Chia seeds give the oats a thicker texture and provide an additional source of fiber, promoting good digestion. And lastly, nut butter is a healthy source of fat that contains important minerals and helps you stay full through the morning.
Overnight oats are just as healthy as regular hot oatmeal but this overnight method offers many busy families a tasty and easy option for their mornings.
What You Need To Make Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Rolled oats
- Chia seeds
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Natural peanut butter or almond butter
How To Make Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Combine the rolled oats, chia seeds and almond milk in a mason jar. Stir until everything is evenly mixed, then add in your nut butter and mix again. Top with banana, blueberries, and a little shake of cinnamon. Cover it, seal the jar, and allow it to soften in the refrigerator overnight. Enjoy!
- Try doubling or tripling the recipe for these peanut butter overnight oats so you have a few servings throughout the week.
- We also love to use jars that have a wide mouth so you can grab the jar on the go instead of switching it to a different bowl in the morning. For example, these mason jars make a great overnight oats jar.
Blueberry Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter or almond butter
- ½ banana
- ½ cup blueberries
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Place the rolled oats, chia seeds, almond milk in a mason jar or airtight container. Stir to combine. Top with peanut butter or almond butter. Stir again. Place bananas and blueberries on top of the nut butter and add a pinch of cinnamon if desired.
- Cover with lid and seal. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Enjoy the next morning!
Looking For More Healthy Breakfast Recipes?
Try one of these quick morning favorites!