These versatile egg muffins make the perfect busy morning breakfast. We recommend making these in advance on the weekend and popping them in the fridge (or freezer) so that all you have to do is re-heat them in the microwave when you wake up. These would even work as a healthy lunch paired with a simple green salad.
Within the recipe, we included several different mix-in variations depending on what you are craving but feel free to get creative – there’s really no wrong combination!
A protein-packed breakfast like this one will keep you energized and satisfied all morning long!
Busy Morning Egg Muffins
- olive oil spray
- preferred mix-ins see below
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup milk
MIX IN OPTIONS
- 1/2 lb cooked and cooled turkey sausage
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- sprinkle of parsley
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup massaged kale
Veggie (sauté vegetables together in a large skillet over medium heat for 8-10 minutes and allow to cool):
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup cheddar
- sprinkle of basil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a 12-cup muffin pan with oil spray.
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites, and milk in a large bowl. Add your mix-ins of choice and mix thoroughly.
- Distribute mixture evenly into each of the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 22-24 minutes until eggs are set, checking after 15 minutes.
- Once muffins have cooled, they can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days. To freeze, wrap individually in plastic wrap and place in a resealable plastic bag for up to 1 month. To reheat, place in microwave for up to 30 seconds or reheat in the toaster oven.