Whole wheat pita pockets filled with a delicious egg and feta salad for the perfect on-the-go meal. Seasoned with fresh parsley, scallions, and oregano, this feta and egg salad is one of our favorites.
These Egg and Feta Salad Pita Pockets are a fantastic quick meal prep breakfast or lunch. We love to prepare a large batch of the egg and feta salad to have ready for the week. Each morning you can just tuck a little egg salad into your pita and you’re ready to go! Alternatively, prepare a big batch of hard-boiled eggs for the week, then turn those eggs into a new recipe each day, such as these Egg Salad in Whole-Wheat Pita Pockets, or our Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Hard-Boiled Eggs.
We recommend using whole wheat pita bread pockets as a good source of whole grains. Whole wheat grain have more fiber, vitamins, and minerals than more highly processed grains. Try toasting the pita pocket before filling it with the egg salad to enjoy a freshly baked flavor.
Egg Salad in Whole-Wheat Pita Pockets with Feta
- 4 hard-boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 1½ tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano or 1½ tablespoons fresh oregano finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket breads
- Chop the hard-boiled eggs and place in medium bowl and mash with fork.
- Add the feta, scallions, parsley, oregano, yougurt, olive oil, cayenne, dijon, salt and pepper. Mash all together until very well combined. Add more yogurt or olive oil if you want a looser egg salad.
- Spoon into pita pockets and enjoy! Alternatively, you can split the pita halves open, toast and then serve the egg salad on top. Enjoy!
Looking For More Quick Egg Recipes?
Try one of our other tasty recipes where eggs are the star of the show.