This Mediterranean breakfast pita is a perfect way to start your morning with a nutrient-dense meal. It has a combination of protein from the eggs and feta, fiber and antioxidants from the spinach, and quality carbohydrates (including fiber) from the whole-grain pita.
Healthy Mediterranean Breakfast Pita
- Small bowl
- Non-stick skillet
- Non Stick olive oil spray
- 2 eggs or 4 egg whites
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh spinach – roughly chopped
- 1 whole-wheat pita
- Combine eggs or eggs whites in a small bowl and salt and pepper.
- Spray a small non-stick skillet with olive oil cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently move spatula across bottom and side of skillet to form large, soft curds. Cook until eggs are thickened but not dry.
- Add the spinach and combine until spinach is slightly wilted.
- Top with a sprinkle of feta and set aside.
- Place pita in the microwave and heat for 15 seconds. Cut in half. Fill each pocket with the egg mixture.
Other Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Explore some of our other healthy breakfast ideas: