Frittatas are such a delicious and easy way to use up your favorite fall vegetables before they go bad! You can use this frittata recipe as a base and change it up based on what veggies and/or cheese you have on hand. You can’t go wrong!
Serve this for breakfast with your favorite fruit or for lunch or dinner with a simple side salad. Enjoy!
Fall Kale Frittata with Brussels Sprouts, Shallots and Parm
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions white part thinly sliced
- 2 shallots sliced thinly
- 2 cups kale de-stemmed, chopped
- ½ cup brussels sprouts shaved or shredded
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes- optional
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup lowfat milk
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shaved
- Salt and pepper
- Garnish: fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet or oven-proof pan over medium- high heat.
- Add green onions, shallots, kale, brussels sprouts, mushrooms and red pepper flakes to the pan and saute for about 5 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- While the veggies are cooking, whisk the eggs, milk and parmesan cheese together in a medium bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook for a few minutes until the eggs are beginning to set on the edges.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and more parmesan cheese.