This protein packed breakfast will keep you full all morning long! We love prepping some quinoa in advance to have on hand for quick & easy bowls like this one. Quinoa is a whole grain that is a good source of both protein and fiber. Starting your day with protein can help keep sugar cravings at bay all day long!
Quinoa Bowls with Avocado and Egg
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup quinoa cooked in broth
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup canned no salt added, black beans, rinsed and drained, warmed
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 ripe avocado sliced
- Whisk together garlic, 1 1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar and a dash of salt to make the dressing. Set aside.
- Combine quinoa, cherry tomatoes, beans, cilantro and 1/8 tsp. of salt. Divide mixture evenly into two bowls.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add remaining 1/2 tsp. of extra-virgin olive oil and swirl to coat. Crack large eggs, one at a time into the pan. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes until whites are set and yolk is still running.
- Drizzle dressing evenly over quinoa mixture. Top with eggs and sliced avocado.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.