This Easy Niçoise Salad is a protein packed, hearty salad made with canned tuna or salmon and served alongside fresh vegetables.
This Niçoise salad is made with green beans, fresh tomatoes, soft-boiled eggs, olives, artichoke hearts, and topped with a delicious vinaigrette. The Niçoise Salad is high in fiber, antioxidants, omega-3 fats, and protein. You will feel energized and full thanks to all the fiber, protein and healthy fats in this tasty tuna or salmon salad recipe.
Prepare With Canned Tuna Or Salmon
This Niçoise Salad is versatile because you can use either canned tuna or canned salmon. Both canned tuna and salmon are affordable and accessible sources of healthy omega-3 fats, selenium, and vitamin D. We like to use canned chuck light tuna which is a smaller type of tuna with great flavor.
We like canned wild salmon for its flakiness, flavor, and nutrients. Salmon is a fatty fish that’s high in unsaturated healthy fats, including omega-3 fats which help maintain balanced lipid levels. In addition, salmon is a good source of vitamin D, B vitamins, and phosphorus.
We love that this salad is made with easy pantry staples such as the canned fish, artichoke hearts, and olives.
Easy Tuna or Salmon Niçoise Salad
- Baking sheet
- Small Pot
- 2 cups favorite greens
- 2 cans chunk light tuna packed in water, or canned salmon
- 10 oz package green beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb. tiny potatoes
- 2 soft-boiled eggs
- ½ cup assorted olives
- ½ cup artichoke hearts
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 20 minutes until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, assemble the other ingredients: tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, etc.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil, add green beans and blanch for 2-3 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Make the dressing: combine all ingredients in a mason jar and shake.
- Assemble the salad: arrange greens on a large platter, top with tuna, potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, eggs and olives. Drizzle dressing over top and serve. Enjoy!
Looking For More High Protein Salad Recipes?
These are a few of our simple salads made with healthy protein sources to help you feel satisfied.