This Cold Lentil Chopped Salad with Honey Walnut Dressing is amazing meal prep, healthy, delicious lunch!
We’ve been loving chopped salads where all the flavors come together beautifully and store well in the refrigerator.
This recipe is adapted from Kathleen Ashmore, and we couldn’t wait to share our own version. This chopped salad is made with a base of lentils, cabbage, tomatoes, and radishes. It’s then topped with green onions and a sweet honey walnut dressing.
Cold Lentil Chopped Salad with Honey Walnut Dressing
This Lentil Chopped Salad is made with a base of lentils, cabbage, tomatoes, and radishes. It's then topped with green onions and a sweet honey walnut dressing.
- 1 cup dried green lentils
- Vegetable broth or water
- 1 cups cabbage chopped fine – I used purple cabbage coleslaw mix
- 1 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup radishes chopped
- 2 green onions white and green parts, sliced thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: feta and chopped Italian parsley
Honey Walnut Dressing
- ⅓ cup toasted walnuts
- 1 large garlic clove peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Cook lentils according to package directions using vegetable broth or water and set aside.
- While the lentils are cooking make the dressing: Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend for 20-30 seconds. The dressing should be smooth and thickened, with a little texture from the walnuts.
- In a large bowl combine the lentils, cabbage, tomatoes, radishes, and green onions.
- Pour half of dressing over the salad and toss well.
- Garnish with feta and parsley. Enjoy!
Dressing makes about ⅔ cup so you will have leftovers.
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!
Looking For More Chopped Salads?
Try one of our other favorite, filling salad recipes.