We are ready for summer over here and this salad is summer in a bowl! It’s quick and easy to throw together and full of summer flavor. To make this a meal, try adding grilled chicken or shrimp and adding your favorite nut – we recommend pecans with this one. Enjoy!
Chopped Summer Salad with Strawberries, Avocado, Corn and Asparagus
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 avocado
- 1.5-2 cups strawberries quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 english cucumber chopped
- ½ pound asparagus chopped into 2 “ pieces
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 1 lemon
- 1.5 teaspoons light agave
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: feta cheese
- Place corn in a microwave safe dish, add water to cover the bottom, cover with wax paper or parchment and microwave for 1-2 minutes. Once cool, slice kernels off the cob and place in a salad bowl.
- Chop the remaining ingredients: strawberries, tomatoes, cucumber, asparagus, and basil and add to the bowl.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients, taste and adjust seasonings.
- Toss salad gently with vinaigrette and garnish with feta cheese.
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!