This salad places a southwest spin on one of our favorite whole grains – quinoa. Quinoa is a versatile whole grain that can be used in many different dishes as both a fiber and plant-based protein source. With protein and fiber from the quinoa and plenty of fiber, vitamins and minerals from the fruits and vegetables, this is an energizing and satiating meal you’ll want to keep making again and again.
To make this a heartier meal, try adding grilled salmon or chicken for an extra punch of protein.Print
Mexican Mango Quinoa Salad
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Salads
- 1 cup cooked tri-color quinoa
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 cups arugula, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa in vegetable stock according to package directions. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Add the arugula and toss to coat.
- Add the mango, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, arugula, and dressing to the quinoa. Mix well.
- Serve and top with pepitas.
Keywords: Salads, Meatless, Vegetarian, Vegan, Quick & Easy