Mix up your usual salad or side dish routine with this amazing air fryer artichoke heart salad!
This air fryer artichoke hearts salad went viral on TikTok and for good reason – it’s easy, delicious and a great make ahead meal! We lightened up this recipe a bit, but we promise it’s just as delicious as the real deal! The combination of cold crunchy greens and the warm, crispy artichoke hearts makes this recipe stand out.
We paired the air fryer artichoke hearts with parmesan, lemon, and white beans to make it the perfect salty, tangy salad. We love this Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts Salad with White Beans & Parmesan because it’s quick to prepare and you can use canned ingredients. White beans were used to increase the protein and fiber content, keeping you full and satisfied for longer.
Artichokes Have Important Health Benefits
Artichoke hearts are densely packed with great nutrition benefits. They are low in carbohydrates while being high in fiber, folate, vitamin C, and vitamin K. Artichokes are also high in antioxidants that support a healthy immune system. To make things easier, we recommend purchasing canned low-sodium artichoke hearts that are packed in water or frozen artichoke hearts.
Recent research indicates that particular compounds in artichokes, such as inulin, may be particularly important for promoting a healthy lipid profile and potentially reducing LDL or “bad” cholesterol levels. Artichoke hearts are versatile and have been a staple of the Mediterranean diet for many years.
What You Need To Make Our Artichoke Heart Salad
- Can of artichokes packed in water
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Red wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Garlic clove
How To Cook Artichokes In The Air Fryer
Thoroughly drain your artichoke hearts from the canned and then pat them dry with a paper towel. Drying off the outside well will ensure that they get nice and crispy in the air fryer. Place the artichokes in a bowl and drizzle olive oil and squeezed lemon on top. Sprinkle parmesan, salt, and pepper over the artichoke hearts. Mix well so that everything is coated.
Place the artichoke in the air fryer at 400°F for about 15 minutes until the outside begins to crisp. You can serve these tasty bites as a side dish or check out the full recipe directions below to turn it into the most delicious bean and artichoke salad.
Air Fryer Artichoke Hearts Salad with White Beans & Parmesan
- Air Fryer
- 1 can artichokes packed in water drained
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese grated or shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons parmesan grated
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic pressed or minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag kale caesar salad mix or something similar
- 1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- Garnish: Italian parsley, parmesan chopped, shredded
- In a small bowl, place the artichokes and pat dry with a paper towel. Drizzle with the olive oil, squeeze the lemon over the top, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Place in the air fryer. Cook on 400°F for 15-17 minutes until browned on edges. Remove and set aside.
- While the artichokes are cooking, make the dressing. In a mason jar add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, parmesan, dijon, garlic, salt and pepper. Shake to combine and set aside.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl place the kale caesar mix, add the cannellini beans on top, place the artichokes on the beans, drizzle with dressing. Toss and garnish with parsley and more parmesan if desired. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Looking For More Tasty Artichoke Recipes?
Artichokes are delicious in appetizer dips or alongside savory dinner recipes. Try one of our other favorite recipes: