Looking for a “fix it and forget it” meal? This one’s for you! Our slow cooker chicken with sun dried tomatoes is full of flavor and packed with nutrients. Serve this over your favorite whole wheat pasta or rice and garnish with fresh basil. Delicious!
Slow Cooker Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 pounds chicken breasts, boneless skinless, cut into 8 serving pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 oz jar of sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil with herbs
- 8 oz baby spinach
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and brown on each side. Make sure to not crowd the skillet so the chicken will brown evenly.
- Transfer chicken to slow cooker as the pieces finish browning.
- Add garlic, wine, chicken broth, and basil to skillet and bring to a boil. Scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Pour over the chicken and scatter sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts over the top.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. 10 minutes before serving, add the spinach to the top of the chicken. Place the top back on the slow cooker and let the spinach wilt for about 5-10 minutes.
Keywords: Dinner, Slow Cooker, Crock Pot, Quick & Easy, Chicken