This Roasted Veggie Bowl with Green Tahini Sauce is a bright, colorful meal full of antioxidants, fiber, and flavor!
Toss everything in the oven, blend your sauce and lunch is served. The vegetables in this delicious bowl include broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and red onion. We love to make these roasted veggies with tahini sauce and add a protein source such as hard-boiled eggs or chicken on top.
This recipe is adapted from one of our favorites, Pinch of Yum.
What Is Tahini Sauce?
Tahini is a paste or sauce made from sesame seeds. Tahini paste comes primarily from the Middle East where it is used in recipes and as a sauce on its own. Sesame seeds are a nutrient dense food, high in B vitamins, unsaturated healthy fats, and minerals like iron. You can usually find tahini near the peanut butter in your grocery store.
How To Make Green Tahini Sauce
The vibrant Green Tahini Sauce is made with olive oil, tahini, cilantro, garlic, honey, and lemon. You can use parsley in addition to, or instead of cilantro if you prefer. Simply combine the sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over your roasted veggie bowl and enjoy!
Roasted Veggie Bowl With Green Tahini Sauce
- Baking sheet
- 8 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 golden potatoes chopped
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 red onion sliced or wedged
- olive oil and salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- big bunch of cilantro and/or parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1.5 tsp honey
- juice of half a lemon (~2 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pinch more to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- hard boiled eggs
- chicken, tofu, or any other protein
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange your vegetables onto a few baking sheets lined with parchment. Toss with olive oil and salt. Roast for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- While the veggies are roasting, blitz up your sauce in the food processor or blender. Voila! Portion and save for the week! Top with avocado or hard boiled eggs or a tasty protein like grilled chicken.
Looking For More Roasted Veggie Recipes?
Check out these salads and nourishing bowls for more.