Roasted Sweet Potato Salsa
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled, and chopped into 1/2-in pieces
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and diced
- 3 scallions (white and green parts) minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F and place parchment paper on a sheet pan
- Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl with the oil, vinegar, chili powder, and cumin. Toss to coat the sweet potatoes. Place on parchment-lined sheet pan and spread so they are in an even layer.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Add the sweet potatoes to a large bowl and add tomato, bell pepper, jalapeño, scallions, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Toss to mix
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!