This sheet pan ratatouille is great way to use uo summer vegetables in a unique way. Roasting a bunch of veggies on a sheet-pan is one of the easiest and most delicious ways to enjoy a ton of good-for-you veggies! Roasting adds a unique flavor and is as simple as tossing vegetables of your choosing in some olive oil, salt, pepper and any additional seasonings you like.
We love all of the colorful vegetables in this sheet pan ratatoille Each vegetable provides it’s own set of antioxidants, nutrients and fiber, meaning you’ll get a wide variety of health-benefiting nutrients. Eggplant in particular is high in anthocyanins, a powerful group of antioxidants.
This dish is a hybrid between a traditional French ratatouille and an Italian eggplant caponata. We love this in our Weeknight Ratatouille Pasta with Chicken Sausage but it would also be excellent paired with grilled chicken or fish!
Sheet Pan Ratatouille
This ratatouille is a great way to use up some summer vegetables in a unique way. Eggplant is rich in anthocyanins, a powerful group of antioxidants
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: French
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 summer squash, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 425F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss eggplant, bell pepper, squash, red onion, tomatoes, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Divide vegetables onto the baking sheets, spreading into a single layer.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through, until vegetables are tender and start to brown.
- While vegetables are roasting, add the pine nuts to a saucepan on medium heat. Toast until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Once cooked, add the roasted vegetables to a bowl and mix in the capers, vinegar, honey, and pine nuts.
Keywords: Dinner, Sheet Pan, Ratatouille, Antioxidants, Quick & Easy