These Healthy Carrot Cake Oatmeal Muffins are the perfect springtime breakfast or snack. Enjoy this recipe for carrot cake muffins made with oats, carrots, fragrant spices, and natural sweeteners.
If you’re looking for a healthy twist on traditional carrot cake – this is it! We love how these muffins are moist and have a sweet, spiced flavor.
The muffins are made with pantry staples like oats, spices, nuts and a few fresh ingredients. Prepare a batch for the week and enjoy for snacks or as part of breakfast with Greek yogurt.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Carrot Cake Muffins?
These healthy carrot cake muffins are made with many nutritious ingredients. Here are a few of the ways these muffins support your body:
- Oats – the base of the recipe are oats which is a whole grain that is high in fiber. Whole grains support regular digestion and can help lower cholesterol levels.
- Carrot – carrots are packed with nutrients like vitamin A, fiber, and vitamin C. This is a great way to add in a little extra veggies to your day.
- Spices – cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg all contain antioxidants that support our immune systems. Even a small pinch of spices provides your body with good nutrition.
Are These Gluten Free Carrot Cake Muffins?
Yes! These muffins are gluten free. Oats are naturally gluten free, but many oat brands are processed in facilities that have wheat products. If you want to ensure that these muffins are gluten free, just double check that your oats are certified gluten free.
What Are The Carrot Cake Muffins Sweetened With?
Our healthy carrot cake muffins are sweetened with maple syrup and unsweetened applesauce. Both ingredients help maintain the moisture in the muffins and they add the perfect level of sweet flavor.
What You Need To Make Carrot Cake Muffins
- Quick cooking oats
- Ground ginger
- Baking powder
- Large egg
- 2% milk or nondairy milk
- Maple syrup
How To Prepare This Carrot Cake Muffins Recipe
Begin by heating your oven to 375ºF. In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix evenly. In a second bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Add in the carrots and raisins to the wet ingredients and mix. Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix until combined well. Allow the batter to rest for about 10 minutes and then pour into the muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Healthy Carrot Cake Oatmeal Muffins
- Muffin Pan
- 2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 ½ cups 2% milk or nondairy milk
- ½ cup applesauce unsweetened
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup carrots grated
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Combine the oats, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, applesauce, egg and maple syrup. Add the carrot and raisins and combine.
- Add milk mixture to the oat mixture and combine.
- Add in the chopped pecans.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before pouring into the tins.
- Pour into prepared muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes.
Looking For More Muffin Recipes?
Try one of our other easy muffin recipes for a healthy snack.