These strawberry oat muffins are easy to make and are a simple low added sugar option for breakfast or a snack. Strawberries are a great source of Vitamin C, manganese, folate, and potassium. Berries contain high levels of antioxidants such as anthocyanins and ellagitannins. Choose to use strawberries, blueberries, or any other one of your favorite berries for this recipe!
Strawberry Oat Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of your favorite berries diced if necessary
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease muffin tin with cooking spray or add cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix, just until combined. Gently fold in the berries. Them mixture should be thick.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.