The zucchini in this recipe adds moisture to the muffins while providing a boost of fiber The greek yogurt adds protein to balance out the macronutrient content of this muffin.Print
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Yield: 12 muffins Servings 1x
- 2 c white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 c canola oil
- 1/3 c maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c shredded zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease a muffin tin with cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk to blend.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oil, maple syrup, eggs, yogurt, pumpkin, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix gently with a spatula until just combined.
- Gently fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool slightly before removing from pan. Enjoy!