Creamy avocado topped with fresh cucumber, and a tangy sherry vinaigrette for the perfect refreshing salad. Our Cucumber Avocado Salad is inspired by one of our favorite salads from La Table in Houston.
This cucumber avocado salad is great as a side dish, light lunch or you can add grilled salmon, shrimp, or chicken to make it a complete meal. Served with our Sherry Dijon Vinaigrette and garnished with red onion and chives. Delicious!
Avocados Are Nutrient Powerhouses
Not only are avocados delicious and so versatile, but they are packed with amazing nutrients. Avocados are famous for their healthy unsaturated fats which are particularly important for heart and brain health. Avocados are also high in fiber, B vitamins, and vitamin K. Keep adding avocados to your salads, toasts, and tacos because they are nutrient powerhouses.
Spiralized Fresh Cucumber
Cucumbers are low in calories and high in nutrients which makes them a healthy and delicious addition to your salads. Cucumbers contain fiber, vitamin C, and vitamin K. We love this recipe because the spiralizer is a fun way to serve the cucumber. In this recipe we peeled the cucumber completely to make it smooth and easy to spiralize, but you can keep the skin on if you prefer.
What You’ll Need To Make Our Cucumber Avocado Salad
- English cucumber
- Red onion
- Sherry-wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes
How To Make Sherry Dijon Vinaigrette
Begin by combining the sherry wine vinegar, olive oil, dijon, shallot, salt and pepper in a mason jar. Cover the mason jar and shake well. This recipe will make 1 cup of dressing so you’ll have some left over. Store any extra dressing in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Homemade, delicious vinaigrette made in just minutes with extra left over for tomorrow’s salad!
How To Make Avocado And Cucumber Salad
The trick for this recipe is using avocados that are still a little firm and not overripe so they hold their shape better. Begin by slicing the avocado lengthwise and removing the pit. Carefully scope the avocado out of its skin while maintaining its shape. Slice the avocado into thin slices.
Using a peeler, remove all the peel off of your cucumber. Spiralize the cucumber and then place on top of the sliced avocado. Finish this salad by garnishing with the sherry vinaigrette, red onion slices, chives, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Cucumber Avocado Salad with Sherry Dijon Vinaigrette
- Vegetable Peeler
- ¼ cup of sherry-wine vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 1 avocado
- 1 large English cucumber
- A few slices of red onion
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the dressing: In a mason jar combine the sherry wine vinegar, olive oil, dijon, shallot, salt and pepper. This recipe will make 1 cup of dressing so you'll have some left over. Store any extra dressing in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Slice the avocado lengthwise and then into thin slices and place on a plate. Use firm avocados for easier slicing.
- Using a peeler, remove the skin from the cucumber. Spiralize the cucumber and spread on top of the avocado slices.
- Garnish your cucumber avocado salad: Add a few slices of red onion, pour vinaigrette over the salad, garnish with chives, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Enjoy!