Lentils are a great source of plant-based protein and fiber. One cup of butternut squash has 297% of your daily needs of Vitamin A as well as 48% of your daily needs of Vitamin C.
Warm Fall Lentil Salad with Butternut Squash & Goat Cheese
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Ready to Eat Steamed Lentils
- 1 lb butternut squash cut into 1⁄2” pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Toppings: crumbled goat cheese flat leaf parsley, 2 Tbsp pepitas
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp shallot minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Combine garlic, coriander, cumin, ginger, cinnamon and the olive oil.
- Place butternut squash in a bowl and combine with spice mixture. Arrange squash on baking sheet and roast until browned and tender, about 20 minutes. Stir halfway through roasting. Let cool slightly.
- While squash is roasting, prepare the dressing by adding the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, shallot, and mustard in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Place lentils in pan on stovetop and heat gently or place in microwave safe bowl and heat until warm.
- Combine lentils, squash, dressing in a large bowl. Toss gently.
- Transfer to a serving platter and top with goat cheese, flat leaf parsley, and pepitas.
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!