This easy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pesto Pasta is about to become your new favorite quick and nourishing meal. We love this flavorful pasta dish because it’s high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats.
Who doesn’t love a pesto pasta? Well, we’ve dressed this pasta recipe up to add great nutrition that will help you feel full longer and it provides more vitamins and minerals. We chose a legume-based pasta, called Banza, which adds extra protein and fiber. We also included chicken breasts for a lean protein source. And finally, we added fresh arugula, sun-dried tomatoes and herbs for those amazing antioxidants that will boost your immune system.
Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Large pot
- 1 8 oz box of Banza penne pasta
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup of sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil sliced into strips
- ½ cup pesto sauce
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- Garnish: freshly grated parmesan cheese, basil, and kalamata olives
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add Banza pasta, stir and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for about 7-8 minutes. Drain and rinse with water and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic, then chicken, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and stir until combined.
- Add the cooked pasta and pesto to the skillet. Stir until combined and finally add the fresh arugula.
- Remove from heat and garnish with parmesan, basil and kalamata olives.
- Sun-dried tomatoes – try fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- Arugula – try fresh spinach
Looking For More Tasty Pasta Recipes?
Check out one of our other favorite pasta dishes.