This is one of my favorite spring dishes! Asparagus is a great source of fiber, folate, and vitamins A, C and K. Shrimp is a great source of protein and heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
Simple Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta
- 1½ Pound fresh shrimp
- 1 Pound Asparagus trimmed, cut into 2” pieces
- 6 Plum tomatoes quartered or 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 Cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Pound penne pasta
- 2 Teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon dried thyme or 1 T fresh
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil- chopped
- Crumbled feta or parmesan
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place tomatoes in a 13 x 9 glass container. Drizzle with 2 1/2 tsp olive oil. Place in oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes until the tomatoes wrinkle and begin to turn brown.
- While tomatoes are in oven cook pasta & drain, reserving some of the cooking liquid.
- Place asparagus, shrimp, and garlic over tomatoes. Bake for 10 minutes until shrimp turn pink and asparagus is tender.
- Combine tomatoes, shrimp and asparagus with the pasta in a serving bowl. Add lemon juice, 1 T olive oil , thyme, basil, salt and pepper to taste. Add reserved pasta water to desired consistency. Top with feta cheese.