Ready for your new favorite easy dinner? This Soy Ginger Salmon Rice Bowl with Spicy Mayo is quick to make and it’s so fun to customize your favorite bowl.
The salmon marinade is a wonderful combination of spices, sesame oil, and a little maple syrup. This baked salmon with ginger and soy sauce is a great way to get in a serving of heart healthy seafood for the week.
Cooking the salmon and veggies together on one sheet pan adds so much flavor and keeps the clean-up to a minimum – what’s not to love?! Top your bowl with fresh greens, herbs, and our favorite spicy mayo.
We’re sharing tips on what goes well with salmon and rice, health benefits of this salmon bowl, and how to make spicy mayo.
Is Our Soy Ginger Salmon Rice Bowl Healthy?
This spicy salmon rice bowl is packed with nutrients that support your health. The salmon is absolutely the star of the show because it’s high in protein, heart healthy omega-3 fats, B vitamins and other minerals.
We suggest using brown rice instead of white rice because brown rice is a whole grain and higher in fiber and minerals. Building the rest of the bowl with roasted veggies, avocado and fresh herbs completes the meal with a boost of antioxidants and fiber.
This is a healthy recipe for the whole family. We love how customizable it can be!
What Goes Well With Salmon And Rice
Salmon and rice is such a tasty starting place for building any meal. They are both nutritious and provide you with carbohydrates, fats, and protein. The salmon soy ginger marinade is easy to prepare while packing in so much flavor!
We recommend adding in some fresh greens and roasted veggies. Tossing veggies on the sheet pan with the salmon is an easy way to increase the nutrition content – without making more mess! And of course, a flavorful sauce or dressing is key.
What You Need To Make Our Spicy Salmon Rice Bowl
- Salmon filets
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Maple syrup
- Sesame oil
- Broccoli florets
- Mixed greens
- Green onions
- Brown rice
- Chili paste
How To Make Spicy Mayo
This spicy mayo is so delicious and adds a great heat to the salmon bowl. It’s easy to whip up and add to other meals too!
To make the spicy mayo just combine mayo, chili paste, and honey in a small bowl. Stir until it’s well combined. You can adjust the chili paste to your desired amount of spiciness.
How To Make This Soy Ginger Salmon Rice Bowl
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Cut up the salmon into bite sized pieces and place into the soy ginger marinade to rest for about 10 minutes. While the salmon marinates, toss the broccoli in olive oil, salt and pepper.
Place the salmon and broccoli on a lined baking sheet. Don’t let any of that amazing marinade go to waste – pour the rest from the bowl right on top of the salmon and broccoli. Bake for 10 minutes.
Spoon any sauce drippings back over the salmon and then broil it for two more minutes. While the salmon finishes cooking, combine the spicy mayo ingredients and stir.
Build your bowl! Starting with a base of rice, crispy salmon pieces, and filling half your plate with veggies. Those veggies can be a combination of roasted broccoli, fresh greens, cucumbers and herb garnishes. Top the bowl with your creamy spicy mayo sauce and avocado cubes.
Soy Ginger Salmon Rice Bowl with Spicy Mayo
- Baking sheet
- 2 Salmon filets cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 heaping cup of broccoli florets
- 3-4 cups of mixed greens
- ½ cucumber sliced
- ½ avocado diced
- 3 green onions sliced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 cup brown rice cooked
- ¼ cup mayo made with olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 425°F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut salmon into bite-size pieces and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, maple syrup, sriracha and sesame oil. Toss with salmon. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss broccoli with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place salmon and broccoli on baking sheet and pour marinade over both. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Take baking sheet out of the oven and using a spoon or brush, spread the drippings of the sauce on the salmon. Broil for 2 minutes until browned and crispy on the top of salmon. Set aside.
- While salmon is cooking make the spicy mayo: place mayo, chili paste, and honey in a small bowl, stir to combine.
- Assemble the bowl: place rice on bottom, add desired greens, cucumber, and avocado. Place salmon on top. Garnish with green onions and cilantro and top with spicy mayo.
Looking For More Salmon Recipes?
These are a few of our other popular salmon recipes!