Use your leftover Roasted Harissa Chicken the next day to make this delicious and satisfying Farro Salad with Harissa Chicken, dates, goat cheese and walnuts. This salad is great for either lunch or dinner as it is packed with good-for-you ingredients that also happen to be super satisfying, Farro is a whole grain that is packed with fiber, which slows digestion and keeps us full longer. Walnuts provide satiating healthy fats as well as Vitamin E, a potent antioxidant, which helps to reduce inflammation.
Farro Salad with Harissa Chicken, dates, goat cheese and walnuts
- 1-2 leftover Harissa Chicken breasts diced
- 1 cup of farro cooked
- 2 cups arugula
- ½ cup Medjool dates chopped
- ⅓ cup goat cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup walnuts
- Salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Make the vinaigrette: in a small mason jar add olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Cover and shake until combined.
- In a medium bowl combine the diced chicken, farro, arugula, and dates.
- Toss with a little vinaigrette until coated. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with goat cheese and walnuts.