Our Dark Chocolate Coconut Fig Energy Balls are a rich and tasty treat to enjoy! They’re made with dried figs, coconut flakes, and almond butter for a sweet bite!
Figs are a small, sweet fruit that when dried become even sweeter and a little chewy. When blended, the dried figs create the perfect consistency for a chewy chocolate bite. Figs are high in vitamin B6, potassium, and fiber, making them a nutritious snack.
These dried fig bites are also made with almond butter and coconut. These healthy fats help to stabilize blood sugar levels and prevent energy crashes. Our chocolate fig bites can be enjoyed as a sweet afternoon snack or a rich dessert.
Dark Chocolate Coconut Fig Energy Balls
- Food processor
- Baking sheet
- 14 ounces dried figs stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted creamy almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flaked
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine figs, almond butter, and 2 tablespoon water. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed with a rubber spatula.
- Using a 1-teaspoon measure, scoop the fig mixture and roll with your hands into 1-inch balls. Place the fig balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Add the chocolate chips and oil into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 minutes. Stir and repeat until chocolate chips are melted. Alternatively, set a medium heat-proof bowl over a small saucepan of barely simmering water and stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Using a fork, dip the fig balls in the melted chocolate to coat evenly, allowing any excess chocolate to drop back into the bowl. Return the fig bites to the baking sheet and sprinkle with the coconut. Refrigerate or freeze until the chocolate has set, about 30 minutes.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze for up to 1-2 months.
Looking For More No-Bake Sweet Recipes?
Try one of our sweet treats!