These veggie-packed flatbread pizzas make for a quick & easy lunch or dinner option. They also make for a great appetizer!
Unlike your traditional pizza, these pizzas are packed with fiber from your veggies and whole grain goodness from your pita. Include whatever veggies you prefer or have on-hand to make this pizza your own!
Vegetable Flatbread Pizza
- 4 whole grain flatbreads
- 1 jar favorite marinara or pizza sauce
- 4 cups chopped veggies of your choosing
- 8 tbsp pesto
- 1 8 oz ball fresh mozzarella sliced
- 4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place flatbreads on a baking sheet.
- Top each flatbread with about 1/4 cup sauce (more or less as you prefer) Add 1 cup of veggies to each flatbread.
- Spoon 2 tbsp pesto over each flatbread.
- Top each with 2 oz. mozzarella.
- Sprinkle each with 1 tsp red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted, bubbly and just browning.