Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (peeled peeled chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 14½ oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 15-oz can black beans drained
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tablespoon adobe sauce from
- canned adobe peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: fresh cilantro, guacamole or avocado, lime juice
- Head oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes and onion and cook until onion is beginning to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and adobo sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans and vegetable stock and bring to a low boil and then lower heat and cover.
- Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender and sauce is thickened. Adjust seasonings and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cilantro, avocado, lime juice and toppings of your choice!
- Refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.
May be frozen for up to 3 months.
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!