Looking for a tasty, nourishing breakfast that is also easy to make? These Healthy Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Pancakes are made in the blender and pack a nutritional punch!
Our pumpkin spice pancakes are made with canned pumpkin purée, cozy fall spices, and oats. Pumpkin isn’t just one of our favorite fall flavors – it is also a great source of fiber, potassium and vitamin C. These pancakes come together quickly in the blender and they will keep you full all morning long. We love topping them with a little maple syrup and some chopped pecans.
What Are Oatmeal Pancakes?
Oatmeal pancakes are pancakes made with flour made from oats. Oats are a nutritious whole grain that are naturally gluten-free. Pulsing oats in a blender a few times creates a flour-like texture that can be made into so many healthy recipes.
These healthy pumpkin pancakes are made with other nutritious ingredients like pumpkin puree, eggs, greek yogurt, and pumpkin pie spices. Who doesn’t love a fluffy pancake topped with a little maple syrup in the morning? Try these easy blender pancakes!
What Flour Is Healthiest For Pancakes?
We love these pumpkin oatmeal pancakes because they are made with whole grain oats. Simply blending old fashioned rolled oats creates a healthy flour for our pumpkin pancakes. On the Mediterranean diet we prioritize whole grains because they contain more vitamins, minerals and fiber than more highly processed refined flours.
Refined flours like white flour are digested more rapidly than whole grains and can cause your blood sugar to spike and won’t keep you full. Try these pumpkin oatmeal pancakes that will keep you full longer and contain nutritious ingredients.
What You Will Need To Make These Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes
- Old fashioned rolled oats
- Pumpkin puree
- Plain greek yogurt
- Lowfat milk or milk alternative of choice
- Maple syrup
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Toppings: maple syrup and pecans
How To Make Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes
Begin by putting the oats in a blender and pulsing a few times. Add the remaining ingredients to the blender. Blend until the mixture is well-combined. Allow the batter to rest for about 10 minutes. This helps the oats absorb the liquid.
Heat a skillet or griddle on medium heat with a little oil. Spoon about ¼ cup of batter onto the pan and spread it evenly into a pancake shape. Cook the pancake for about 2-3 minutes and then flip. Top your pancakes with syrup and pecans for the perfect bite! Enjoy!
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup of pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup lowfat milk or milk alternative of choice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ Tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Toppings: maple syrup and pecans
- Place oats in a blender and pulse a few times. Add the remaining ingredients and blend on high until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Spray a griddle or skillet with canola oil spray and heat over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, pour about ¼ cup of batter into the pan. Since the batter is thick, you will need to spread the batter with the back of a spoon.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the pancakes are puffy and you see the edges look dry. Flip and continue to cook until golden brown on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top with syrup and chopped pecans.
Looking For More Sweet Breakfast Ideas?
Check out a few of our other favorite Mediterranean breakfasts.