Who doesn’t love a bread salad? A Chopped Salad? Fattoush is a Middle Eastern Bread salad that is made from toasted pita and a combination of chopped vegetables and herbs with a delicious sumac dressing. If you do not have sumac you can substitute lemon zest instead. Full of fiber and antioxidants this easy to prepare salad will become one of your new favorites!
Fattoush is a Middle Eastern Bread salad that is made from toasted pita and a combination of chopped vegetables and herbs with a delicious sumac dressing.
- ½ cup of olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of sumac
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 whole wheat pita
- Olive oil
- 3-4 cups of fresh romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup of radishes sliced thinly
- 1 cup of Persian or English cucumbers thinly sliced
- ½ cup of red onion chopped
- ½ cup of mint and Italian parsley leaves chopped
- ½ cup of feta crumbled
- Toast the Pita: Preheat your oven to 400°F. Place pita on cutting board and brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and sumac. Cut into bite- sized pieces and place on baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes until golden and crisp. Set aside.
- Place all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar. Cover with top and shake until incorporated.
- In a large serving bowl place all of the salad ingredients. Top with pita bread and drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to combine. Enjoy!
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!