This is a refreshing and easy recipe that comes together so quickly and is packed with nutrients. Whole wheat noodles have additional fiber, vitamins, and minerals compared to regular noodles. Using broccoli slaw instead of traditional slaw adds some additional nutrients as broccoli is rich in vitamins K and C as well as fiber and antioxidants.
Buying a rotisserie chicken will make this a quick and easy weeknight meal the whole household will love!
Cold Chicken Udon Noodle Salad
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 3 ounces uncooked whole wheat udon noodles
- 1/2 cup Bang Bang Sauce
- 12 ounces broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 teaspoons chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- lime wedges for garnish
- Cook udon noodles according to package directions.
- Shred breast from rotisserie chicken with a fork.
- Combine noodles and chicken with Bang Bang Sesame Sauce in a large bowl.
- Add in the broccoli slaw, green onions, red onion, and basil. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with peanuts, serve, and garnish with lime wedges.