Adding a flavorful sauce like this to vegetables is a great way to encourage eating more veggie servings, which means getting more vitamins and minerals. A lot of sauces you’ll find in taking out and restaurant foods are prepared with a whole lot of sugar and sodium. When you make sauces at home, you can better control what goes into your sauce and you’ll quickly find that creating a really delicious sauce or dressing doesn’t require all that sugar and salt!
We love this Bang Bang Sauce in our Bang Bang Halloumi Bowls.
Bang bang sauce
Adding a flavorful sauce to vegetables is a great way to encourage eating more veggie servings, which means getting more vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Ginger is great anti-inflammatory food!
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dressings & Sauces
- Cuisine: Mediterranean Diet
- 3 tablespoons sesame paste or peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper oil
- Water, for thinning
- Add all ingredients except water to a blender. Blend until combined, adding water as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Use this sauce immediately with Bang Bang Halloumi bowls, or put in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and save for another use.
Keywords: Dressing, Sauces, Bang Bang, Recipe, Peanut Butter