Farro is a great Mediterranean whole grain option. Lentils and edamame add fiber and protein to this filling dish.Print
Bang Bang Halloumi Bowls
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 oz halloumi, cut into strips 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 small bunch broccolini
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- 2 cups kale, finely shredded
- 2 Tbsp shelled edamame
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste Juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 1/4 head red cabbage, thinly sliced 1/4 cup Bang Bang Sesame Sauce Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a grill pan over medium heat. Cook halloumi strips until grill marks appear, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- While halloumi is cooking, place broccolini in a steam basket over 1/2 cup boiling water and steam 1-2 minutes, until tender-crisp. Remove from steam basket and set aside.
If using leftover farro and lentils, warm them in the microwave. In a large bowl, mix together the farro, lentils, kale, and edamame. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and half the lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, lightly dress the cabbage with 2 tsp olive oil, remaining lemon juice, and salt, to taste.
- Divide farro mixture into 2 serving bowls. Add cabbage, broccolini, and halloumi to each. Top bowls with Bang Bang Sesame Sauce and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Serve warm.