The perfect summer appetizer! This dish is layered with flavors thanks to the cilantro, lime juice and creole seasoning. Enjoy it as an appetizer or throw it over greens for a simple salad at lunch time.
- ½ pound shrimp medium size
- 1-2 Teaspoons Tony Chachere’s seasonings or any other creole seasoning
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes quartered
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeno finely diced
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 2 limes juiced
- Optional: diced avocado diced mango
- Place water and creole seasoning in a medium pot. Bring to a boil. Add the shrimp and boil for a couple of minutes until pink. Drain and set aside. When cool enough to handle, peel the shrimp and cut into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, garlic and lime juice to the bowl and combine.
- Add salt to taste. Adjust as needed adding more lime juice or salt.
- Place in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving.
- Serve with blue corn tortilla chips and Enjoy!
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!