The perfect summer appetizer! This dish is layered with flavors thanks to the cilantro, lime juice and creole seasoning. Enjoy it as an appetizer or throw it over greens for a simple salad at lunch time.Print
- Yield: Makes around 2-3 cups 1x
- Category: Appetizers
- ½ pound shrimp, medium size
- 1–2 Teaspoons Tony Chachere’s seasonings ( or any other creole seasoning)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- Optional: diced avocado, diced mango
- Place water and creole seasoning in a medium pot. Bring to a boil. Add the shrimp and boil for a couple of minutes until pink. Drain and set aside. When cool enough to handle, peel the shrimp and cut into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, garlic and lime juice to the bowl and combine.
- Add salt to taste. Adjust as needed adding more lime juice or salt.
- Place in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving.
- Serve with blue corn tortilla chips and Enjoy!
Keywords: Appetizers, Seafood, Quick & Easy, Shrimp, Seafood, Summer, Mediterranean, Mediterranean diet