This is such a yummy recipe that uses a few of our favorite summer veggies – zucchini and corn. If you have a backyard garden, you probably have lots of zucchini growing. This is the perfect recipe for using it up. Use a whole wheat tortilla for added fiber and nutrients. Enjoy this fool-proof dinner!
Summer Harvest Quesadilla
- Olive oil cooking spray or 1 T olive oil
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- ½ cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 1 ear of sweet corn cooked and kernels cut off
- ½ red onion grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: salsa and guacamole
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil or spray. Place tortilla in pan and heat until it is warm, flipping sides around 10-15 seconds.
- When the tortilla is heated add your ingredients: cheddar cheese, zucchini, corn, red onion and then a little more cheddar cheese. Take care not to layer the ingredients too thickly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place another other tortilla on top. Press down with spatula.
- Let cook for about 1-2 minutes until cheese begins to melt and then carefully flip the quesadilla over on the other side to brown.
- Remove from pan when the cheese is melted and tortillas are browned on both sides.
- Remove from heat and cut into wedges. Repeat with other tortillas.
- Enjoy with salsa and guacamole