If you are intimidated by cooking seafood at home, this recipe is for you! These make for an excellent appetizer or entree. The shrimp is a great source of protein, heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids and selenium while the corn tortillas serve as your whole grain and the black beans provide plenty of fiber. Try these tonight! Link in bio for the recipe.
Spicy Shrimp Tostadas
- 6 yellow corn tortillas
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoons of sriracha
- 1 teaspoon worcheshire
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 cup refried black or pinto beans made without fat
- 1 cup cubed mango
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- ¾ cup of cilantro
- 1 lime
- Garnish: Queso Fresco we use La Vaquita brand, cilantro, avocado or guacamole
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a large ziploc bag, add the shrimp, 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of sriracha, worcestershire, sugar, garlic and ¼ cup of cilantro. Set aside.
- Spray both sides of each tortilla with avocado oil cooking spray , season with salt and place on a large baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes and turn over and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes more, until tortillas are crispy.
- While the tortillas are baking, drain the shrimp into a colander. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and saute until cooked for about 3-4 minutes, until opaque and pink. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Gently heat the refried beans over medium heat in a small pot or in the microwave. Set aside.
- Toss the mango, half of the cilantro, and romaine lettuce with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and squeeze or two of lime juice.
- Assemble the tostadas: Spread a layer of refried beans on top of each tortilla. Add lettuce and mango mix, top with shrimp. Garnish with queso fresco, more cilantro and avocado if desired. Enjoy!