In this tasty rendition of shrimp scampi, zucchini noodles have been swapped for regular pasta to boost nutrition and lower calories. This dish is light and refreshing, making it the perfect summer lunch or dinner.
Zucchini is a terrific source of antioxidants as well as vitamins A and C, all of which keep our immune system strong and healthy.
Shrimp is a wonderful lean protein choice and an excellent source of the mineral selenium and vitamin B12.
Shrimp Scampi With Zucchini Noodles
In this tasty rendition of shrimp scamp, zucchini noodles have been swapped for regular pasta to boost nutrition and lower calories. Zucchini is a terrific source of antioxidants, vitamins A and C.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb of large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 - 1 tsp red pepper flakes your preference
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 lemon thinly sliced in half rounds
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3-4 medium zucchini spiralized
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley leaves chopped
- Heat butter and olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium low-heat. Add garlic and sauce for 1 minute. Add shrimp, salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Continue to saute, stirring often, for a couple of minutes (about 3-4) until shrimp turn pink.
- Add white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon slices. Bring to a boil and continue to cook for 1 minute. Stir in zucchini noodles and toss with shrimp to combine. Cook for another minute making sure not to overcook or the zucchini noodles will become mushy.
- Remove from heat, add parsley and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!