Who said we can’t have cookies for breakfast? These Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies are the perfect on-the-go bite of goodness to fuel you through the morning!
These healthy pumpkin breakfast cookies are made with rolled oats, pumpkin puree, nut butter, seeds and spices. Our vegan breakfast cookies are quick to bake and set you up with an easy breakfast for the week.
What Are Breakfast Cookies?
Breakfast cookies are nutritious cookies that are made with ingredients that will fuel you through the morning. They are made with less sweetener than regular cookies, and they contain more fiber, whole grains and healthy fats to provide you with lasting energy. Try pairing these vegan gluten free pumpkin cookies with a scoop of plain Greek yogurt or a little nut butter.
Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies Nutrition Facts
The rolled oats are the star ingredient here because they are a healthy whole grain. They are high in fiber, versatile for cooking, and store well in the pantry. We pair the oats with shredded coconut, chia seeds, and nut butter for a healthy source of fat to slow your digestion. Slowing the digestion and absorption of carbohydrates reduces blood sugar spikes and provides your body with longer-lasting energy.
We can’t forget about the amazing pumpkin purée in these breakfast cookies! Pumpkin is an amazing ingredient because it is packed with vitamin A, potassium and vitamin C. The pumpkin purée also adds moisture, making these breakfast cookies a little softer.
Can You Freeze Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies?
Yes! Freezing ready-to-eat snacks and meals is a great tip to make healthy eating easier. These pumpkin breakfast cookies will last for up to 1 month in a sealed container in the freezer. Grab one in the morning to warm up for an easy bite on-the-go.
What You Will Need To Make Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Shredded coconut
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin puree
- Maple syrup
- Almond butter or other nut butter
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate chips
- Toasted chopped pecans
How To Make Easy Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F and preparing your baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine your oats, coconut, and chia seeds in a blender to pulse into fine pieces. Add in the wet ingredients, spices, and baking powder. Process until you get a sticky dough.
Next, mix in the chocolate chips and pecans. Roll the dough into balls and press down on your cookie sheet to shape into cookies. Bake the breakfast cookies for 11-13 minutes and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Vegan Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter or other nut butter
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the oats, coconut, and chia seeds. Process until broken down into fine pieces but not quite flour.
- Add pumpkin, nut butter, syrup, spice, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Process until combined into a sticky dough.
- Add the chocolate chips (and pecans, if using) and process briefly just to combine.
- Using a cookie scoop, roll dough into 1" balls. Place on prepared baking sheet and press down gently to shape into a cookie form - cookies will not spread.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, then enjoy!
Looking For More Sweet Breakfast Recipes?
These are a few of our favorite sweet, high-fiber meals to get your day started.