Pumpkin is not just a fun fall flavor; it also adds a boost of potassium and vitamin A to these cookies.
Chia seeds and almond butter add healthy fats to help keep you full all morning long.
Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter or other nut butter
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the oats, coconut, and chia seeds. Process until broken down into fine pieces but not quite flour.
- Add pumpkin, nut butter, syrup, spice, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Process until combined into a sticky dough.
- Add the chocolate chips (and pecans, if using) and process briefly just to combine.
- Using a cookie scoop, roll dough into 1" balls. Place on prepared baking sheet and press down gently to shape into a cookie form - cookies will not spread.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, then enjoy!
Tried and loved this recipe?Tag us @fullymediterranean!