Open-Faced Avocado Tuna Melt
- 2 5-oz can tuna
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive mayonnaise add more if necessary
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 2 slice whole wheat bread
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 2 slices ripe tomato
- Garnish: Basil
- In a small bowl mix together: tuna, celery, red onion, mustard and mayonnaise. Add fresh pepper, taste and adjust seasonings.
- Toast the bread to a light brown.
- Top with tuna salad, then grated cheese.
- Finish with a slice of tomato.
- Place in a toaster oven and toast until the cheese is melted 1-3 minutes. (or place in the oven and broil).
- Garnish with fresh basil if desired.