This dish is packed with vegetables including cabbage, snap peas, bell pepper, and green onion, which provide loads of fiber, vitamins and minerals. Cashews add a punch of heart healthy fats to this dish.
This is a great make-ahead dish because cabbage is a hearty vegetable that maintains its crisp texture even after it has been dressed.
Try adding shredded chicken or shrimp for a delicious meal.
- 4 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup sugar snap peas sliced crosswise
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and cut into bite-size strips
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped cashews
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, peas, bell pepper, green onions, and cilantro to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sesame oil, salt, and red pepper flakes. While whisking, drizzle in the olive oil to emulsify.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with chopped cashews and serve.