Looking for an easy summer salad? Look no further! This will soon be on your regular lunch/dinner rotation and perfect for easy entertaining too. Chocked full of all your summertime favorites, all you have to do is chop and layer. We love using What’s Gaby Cooking Simple Basil Vinaigrette on this salad. So easy to make and delicious – once you taste it, you will discover why it is one of her most popular recipes.
Layered Summer Salad with Avocado, Corn, Tomatoes and Basil Vinaigrette
- 4-5 cups arugula
- 2 ears of corn cooked and cut off the cob
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup baby mozzarella balls
- 1 avocado cut into chunks
- Garnish: shredded basil
Basil Vinaigrette from What's Gaby Cooking
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves stems removed about 4 ounces
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Basil Vinaigrette Instructions
- Combine all the ingredients for the basil vinaigrette in a high powered blender and blend for 60 seconds until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately. Or you can refrigerate the vinaigrette for up to 3-5 days.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss with basil vinaigrette before serving. Enjoy!