Strawberries and tomatoes are an unexpected yet super flavorful combination in this refreshing summer salad adapted from Cooking Light! Not only do strawberries and tomatoes add a pop of flavor but they also add a lot of inflammation-fighting antioxidants to this meal.
We recommend purchasing produce in season for peak ripeness and optimal taste. Seasonal produce is also higher in certain nutrients because it is picked and consumed at the peak of freshness when nutrient content is at its highest.
This salad is excellent paired with grilled chicken or salmon.
Not only do strawberries and tomatoes add a pop of flavor but they also add a lot of inflammation-fighting antioxidants to this meal.
Heirloom Tomato & Strawberry Salad
- 1 1 ⁄2 cups fresh strawberries quartered
- 3 small heirloom tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 ⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese crumbled
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except salt and feta. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Drizzle with olive oil and top with feta crumbles. Serve at room temperature.