This is one of our favorite summer grilling recipes! The simple marinade contains lemon juice, olive oil and fresh dill and adds a ton of flavor and nutrients. Lemon juice adds Vitamin C, Folate, and Potassium to this fresh dish.
Shrimp are a great source of lean protein, Selenium, vitamin B12, Phosphorous, Choline, Copper, and Iodine.
Farro is a fiber-rich carbohydrate that helps to keep you satisfied and full. The fiber in farro and other whole grains also promotes healthy gut function which improves digestion and keeps our immune systems strong.
Grilled Lemon-Dill Shrimp Over Farro
- 16 jumbo shrimp about 1 pound, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup farro
- low sodium vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives halved
- 2 tablespoons green onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oregano finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add shrimp to a medium bowl and pour 1/4 cup of the dressing over the shrimp; toss to coat thoroughly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes. If using bamboo skewers, soak for 30 minutes. Discard marinade once finished.
- Cook farro according to package directions in low sodium vegetable stock.
- Place farro in a bowl and add the remaining dressing and feta; toss well.
- Add bell pepper, olives, green onion, and oregano. Toss well to combine.
- Using your soaked skewers, thread 4 shrimp per skewer.
- Place shrimp on grill directly over high heat and grill, turning once, until just opaque inside with lightly browned edges, about 4-5 minutes total.
- Add shrimp to farro mixture and toss.